2012年9月2日星期日
Come Strasbourg final start of the year 2012 on September 12
WASHINGTON - Nationals manager Davey Johnson said Sunday that Stephen Strasburg will be the last game of the season on September 12, 2012 compared to the Mets. At Citi Field Strasbourg not to throw in the playoffs.
The news came after citizens defeated the Cardinals, 4-3, at Nationals Park on Sunday afternoon.
Strasburg threw six shutout innings in a victory in Washington, had two hits and struck out nine overall leading to the National League 195 in 156 1/3 innings to increase. After Tommy John surgery in late 2010 and returned at the end of last year, is at the limit Strasburg innings in '12. He is expected to pitch 160-180 innings this year.
The plan is to close it to Strasbourg last year. The team had a similar plan for Jordan Zimmermann last year, and he became one of the best pitcher of the club.
"We had options at the beginning of the season," general manager Mike Rizzo said with cheap snapback hats. "We have a philosophy, protocols, and it seemed the right amount of innings in a season in. If we feel that he has enough to finish -. Stressful innings and pitches thing - we make this decision and shut it down"
Johnson said that the team has faced adversity to survive throughout the year due to injuries and not Strasbourg.
"I think the two start [Strasbourg]. When I see him aufzuschlagen 10 [innings] the next one, I will not. So I think his last start will be at 12," Johnson said. "We faced adversity all year. I mean, we have a cleaning striker [Michael Morse], we are not close [Drew Storen]. We lost sight of our starting point [Wilson Ramos] we lost Jayson Werth for two months.
"Do I mean that since this year. We were happy in the starting staff, except Chien-Ming [Wang] pulled a hamstring early in all healthy pitching staff, very much. We've been through."
Strasburg said that he had a conversation with Johnson and Rizzo about the rest of the season.
"No, I'm just focused on the next start. This is all that I can really focus now. But we'll be sitting here and talking in the near future," said Strasburg.
Rizzo said that he knows that the Strasbourg upset decision.
"I do not think he will fight me on it. I think he will not be unhappy about it," said Rizzo. "I know he's not happy. It is an ultra competitor. We took from the hands. This development decisions and ultimately falls on the eve of the general manager, and we have to we five months ago, and leave it at that ....
"The plan was in place. It could not have gone better. He pitched very well. Running multiple starts under his belt, is to lay a solid foundation for 2013, where he can get the ball to him, and you'll win a lot of games for us," .
Citizens are likely to hold on to the four-man rotation, they have to go to the playoffs. There is no need five starters in the short series in October is.
"I think we have four of the best throwers in the National League," said Rizzo. "I think that everyone can leave them there in the playoff atmosphere. I think they are super talented and they are things that the guys and I think they will be hard to fight against any team we played against."
Outfielder Jayson Werth said it was surprising that the team reached the talented young right-handers and the adoption of the right to drive the development of Strasbourg.
"I know that it is so, because in the past year," said Werth with cheap MLB Snapback Hats. "I have no reaction. This went on all season. People talked about it for a whole year. I do not know why all that surprised.
"This was a record for two years. It is very easy for the people, not the organization, not on the team to point the finger and call people names and say that this is what should happen, or what should not be occur. But under the whole, this is our man to do for our team. And [citizens] that is right for him, that is the correct term for the club think. ego, it's great. "
订阅:
博文评论 (Atom)
没有评论:
发表评论